Menu Bar

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins


One of my favorite parts of summer is berry picking behind our home. Our neighbor is always an incredibly good sport - humoring my love for berry picking and always willing to go with me. The raspberries are finally ready, and though not as easy to gather as my all time favorite blackberries, we were able to come away with enough of a stash yesterday for some fresh baked goods.

I decided to start with these Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins which I made by tweaking a basic blueberry muffing recipe. You could also make with store bought or frozen raspberries.

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Wisk together melted butter, milk, and egg. Add baking soda, flour, and sugar. Combine all ingredients but do not over-mix. Add raspberries and chocolate chips. Fold in gently.

Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Scoop batter into muffin tins (I use an ice cream scoop to minimize messes). Bake in 350 oven for 12-15 minutes or until done.

Enjoy these muffins with a smear of butter and fresh cup of coffee (I did!).

No comments:

Post a Comment