Menu Bar

Sunday, June 16, 2013

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

 When it's hot outside, the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven to bake. But what can I say...my family our friends are spoiled and have come to expect goodies. On those days that I can't stand the heat but need a sweet treat, I break out these bars - no baking required (not even stove top cooking!). They are super easy to make and always a big hit at summer BBQs and picnics. Be careful if you have a sweet tooth though - they are very addicting!





No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Bars:
1 1/2 cups fine graham crackers crumbs
3 cups powder sugar
18 oz peanut butter 
1 cup melted butter

Topping
12oz chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter

Prepare graham cracker crumbs - I use a blender to crush mine into fine crumbs. Mix all bar ingredients together. Make sure you butter is completely melted before you add it to the other ingredients, or you will have chunks of butter in your bars! Mix well and pat down into a 9 x 13 pan.

In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on low, checking and stirring every 5-10 seconds until chips are melted. Pour chocolate over peanut butter bars and spread evenly, covering the bars. Put in the refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes.

Remove bars from fridge and cut into squares. These are very rich so make sure to cut into small pieces (you can always have more than one!). I usually get 48 small squares out of my bars. Note - its important that you don't leave in the fridge for too long before cutting or your chocolate will be too hard. Once cut, let the bars sit for about 2 more hours to set. Store in airtight container. If it's really hot, I will put these in my fridge to avoid them getting too soft.

Enjoy - these go really well with your morning coffee or a glass of milk!


No comments:

Post a Comment