Menu Bar

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fall-la Fagioli

It's not technically fall yet - but it's starting to feel like it outside. Crisp autumn Sundays always make me want to cook comfort food - and with a super busy weekend for my household, a crockpot soup is the way to go. This recipe is my take on a Pasta Fagioli - perfect for a quick comfort fall mean.

Fall-la Fagioli
1 Quart (32 oz) canned tomatoes
2 cans chick peas (or your choice bean)
1 lb cooked Italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
8 oz noodles

Place your tomatoes in your crockpot. I use home canned tomatoes, but if you don't have any you could use canned whole or diced tomatos from your grocery store.

Drain and lightly rise the chickpeas. Add to your crock. If you don't like or have chickpeas, you can substitute any canned bean in your pantry you like. This is a no fuss meal - you don't have to be exact.



Next, chop up the onions and finely mince the garlic. Add this to your crockpot as well.

Add your cooked sausage to the crockpot as well. I used chopped up leftover links from a previous night's dinner.


Turn your crockpot on low and cook for 6 hours. About an hour for serving add your noodles and continue to cook on low until noodles are tender. I like to break up those last few lasagna noodles that are always left in the box after I make a big pan and use as my pasta, but any noodles will do. You may need to adjust cooking time depending on your type of pasta.



Serve with toasted garlic bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment