Menu Bar

Monday, September 23, 2013

Quick Project Chalkboard Kitchen Canisters

Ever since chalkboard paint hit it big, I've been dying to try it out in a home craft project. Unfortunately, as much as a think about being crafty, I don't always get around to actually being crafty. Last week though, as a part of my kitchen organization overhaul, I came up with an idea for these cool kitchen canisters.

First, I started by purchasing these glass containers with metal tops. There's lots of options at your local craft store. I then lightly sanded the tops with fine grit sandpaper before spraying with 3 coats of Krylon chalkboard spray paint. I let dry for 24 hours before priming (rubbing all over with chalk and wiping off to prevent scratching). Then just label & store!


No comments:

Post a Comment